Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday Limericks--How ya doin'?

Yeah, I know, I know, it has been a few weeks since the last Friday Limericks thread. It's been a busy time. Still is, actually, come to think of it. So I thought I'd take a few moments to hide from all that, and ask you how you are doing. Better than your pal Cuttlefish, I hope.


If our health is more precious than gold,
Mine's a stock that I wish I had sold;
I have tried to be tough,
But enough is enough!
It's two weeks now, that I've had this cold!

I'm either too warm, or I'm freezing,
And I'm coughing and sniffling and sneezing;
My voice has gone hoarse,
And my family, of course,
Wants to make me feel better... by teasing!

The TV commercials inspire us
To buy stuff to fight off the virus--
But it seems it's not health
They are after, but wealth--
It's my money of which they're desirous!

Now I'm huddled up, drinking my tea*,
Wishing only to be symptom-free.
So, from your point of view
What's it like to be you?
Cos I tell you, it sucks to be me.


*oh, yeah, I forgot to mention above... the Cuttlespouse used the very last of our coffee. Nothing left for yours truly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick,
And I hope you get better real quick.
I'll write three more lines,
With some really bad rhymes,
And try to finish this limerick!

For myself I'm quite ready to go
Back West to avoid all the snow.
I'll enjoy my long break,
But with tests still to take,
It's two weeks before I can go.

Cuttlefish said...

I have taken my "cough and cold" meds
Now I'm fuzzy and strange in my heads
(wait, heads? More than one?
Guess it's better than none!)
So I think I'll go lay on my bedzzzzzzzzzzzz..

mandydax said...

Dear Cuttles, don't be such a whiner.
Tea more than coffee's diviner.
With honey and cream,
It tastes like a dream,
And besides, they drink it in China!

Apologies for that last bit.
It made me sound like a twit.
The appeal to antiquity
Is quite the iniquity.
Among skeptics, it means full of s#!t.

Seriously, I hope you get better.
Stop feeling so under the weather.
With Reiki and prayer,
I'll heal you! I dare
Say that you will be my soul debtor.

Okay, I'll stop wooing up the place. :P

Podblack said...

You know you're in trouble now, Cuttles
As get you right out of those ruttles,
I'll be seeing what to send
'fore you go round the bend
And I won't be taking rebuttals!

Comedy Tornado said...

There once was a banker named Wall,
Was so horny he no longer could stall.
Tried to make a deposit,
With a girl in the closet,
But it was more like an early withdrawal.

Paul Venier
http://www.strategicbookpublishing.com/BrandSpankinNewLimericks.html

The Ridger, FCD said...

Tea's just the thing that you drink
For a cold, so my nana did think.
But you don't drink it straight:
Add some honey - and wait!
The whiskey's what tips you the wink.

(Not a great limerick, I know,
But the best I can do right now, so
Take care, get some rest,
And you'll soon be your best:
A cold never lasts - it'll go.)

mindlesley said...

I am an old lady from Sydney

Who only wants a used kidney

My ex offered his organ

While sitting his ass on my divan

But I'm fearful that it will reject me!

(Note: probably a bit of Graft vs Host disease)