Thursday, July 01, 2010

Zombie Day?

Apparently it is Zombie Day over on ScienceBlogs. I never get those memos. Anyway, I'm reposting a couple of Zombie-themed verses from a while ago, just for fun.


Mmmmm...Brains...

The delicious brains of Jessica Hagy, that is. I can't believe I had never seen her site before Pharyngula posted this one:



I commented there, but added a few more stanzas here...

We struggle in vain to distinguish a Mass
From your typical Zombie behavior
As they guzzle down red by the bottle or glass
And delight in Filet of Our Savior.

Perhaps it's a matter of what's on the menu;
Your Catholic is more of a snacker,
But if you feel teeth on your shoulder, why, then you
Know zombies want more than a cracker.

When Jesus said “This is my blood that you drink,
And this is my body you eat”
Did something he knew of their tastes make him think
They were zombies, and lusting for meat?

Did the Catholic Church, from the time of Saint Peter,
Rejoice in the words that he said,
And at least once a week, become Zombie flesh-eater
And feast upon Jesus Undead?

I worry it's some sort of slippery slope
Where they struggle 'gainst gravity's chains
And I wonder if Ratzinger got to be Pope
By eating the Cardinals' brains.







No comments: