Friday, February 18, 2011

Uncovering Nakedness In Leviticus

Cos wicked men are easily led
From here to there, from bed to bed,
By orders from their smaller head
We've had to ban the quadruped.

Uncovering the nakedness
Of relatives, we will not bless;
The major reason, I confess--
It makes reunions such a mess.

Thou shall not mark upon thy skin;
It is, of course, a wicked sin
As bad as if a man begin
To bed a sheep, or sleep with kin.

We read the bible, and we choose
Which laws to keep, and which refuse;
Not Godly Law, but human ruse...
As old as time, so hardly news.

Context here, and especially here.

6 comments:

Pliny-the-in-Between said...

Thank you for the link so that I was able to start my day with a healthy dose of irony which is essential to any wellness program.

Melissa said...

I wish these people would actually read their damn holy book before quoting it. Ugh.

shellity said...

If only the Bible was written in cheeky quatrains, I might have enjoyed more of it. Another triumph!

Anonymous said...

as badly as a man began?

Anonymous said...

"As bad as if a man begin
"
sorry, shouldn't it be "began" instead of "begin"?

Cuttlefish said...

Poetic license, Anonymous! (Actually, I can read it both ways, now that you point it out--but my way rhymes.)