Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Blasphemy Day!

The first amendment means, to me,
The right to play at blasphemy;
The right to say “There is no God”
Without the threat of firing squad.
To speak, or sing, or draw, or write
And not be paralyzed with fright.
To mock Jehovah if I wish;
To point and laugh at Jesus fish;
And though the image strikes me weird,
To pluck Mohammed’s silly beard.
To say such things as I may choose
Regardless of opposing views.

About the pow’r of Holy Writ
I proudly do not give a shit.


Context.

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

voodooKobra said...

Yet another beautiful and appropriate verse. Bravo, Cuttlefish.

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done, my friend.

Kathy W said...

Kudos and Happy Blasphemy Day!

Christopher Miller said...

Awesome poem. I quoted it away to my blog and linked back to you.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing
thanks you so much
gclub