Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Blasphemy Day, Take Two!

Ack! I forgot! I have an illustration for my Blasphemy Day verse--another brilliant drawing by Michael McRae! So I'm re-posting the verse here, so that it hits the rss feeder again and McRae gets the kudos he deserves. (Thinking about maybe putting a mug up in the cuttleswag, with this pic and this verse...)


The first amendment means, to me,
The right to play at blasphemy;
The right to say “There is no God”
Without the threat of firing squad.
To speak, or sing, or draw, or write
And not be paralyzed with fright.
To mock Jehovah if I wish;
To point and laugh at Jesus fish;
And though the image strikes me weird,
To pluck Mohammed’s silly beard.
To say such things as I may choose
Regardless of opposing views.

About the pow’r of Holy Writ
I proudly do not give a shit.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

george.w said...

Delightful... Linkback on my own Blasphemy Day post duly updated!

Johnny Vector said...

Hey, I think that cephalopod is named River. "I tore these out of your symbol and they turned into pages."

Come to think of it, my favoritest blasphemy may well be the Jaynestown episode of Firefly. It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sumbitch or another. Ain't about you, Jayne. It's about what they need.

Cause it's so subtle most people won't even recognize it!