Monday, January 07, 2008

Oh, rats!

From the fleas of rats and mouses
To a plague a' both your houses,
If we can't blame sheep or horses, then we gotta blame the Jews
When we found a small bacillus,
Not a god, had tried to kill us
It's the sort of information anyone can surely use!
If you wish Yersinia pestis
Not to kill you, our request is
That you clean the fleas from bedding, and the rats from in your larder
But if you're afraid of science
And you'd rather put reliance
In the methods of the church, then their advice is: Just pray harder!


Shelley at Retrospectacle has begun a week-long series that I am very much looking forward to--that's right, it's Plague Week!!

I have always been fascinated by The Plague; no matter how I have tried, I don't think I can wrap my head around what life must have been like during such horrible events. I hope that the avian flu does not give us the chance to find out.

2 comments:

#1 Dinosaur said...

Dude; you are so gifted, it's scary.

Podblack said...

:) Looking forward to more!