Tuesday, March 09, 2010

"I thank thee, God, for buttocks firm"

One more from the "Rejected Canon" (I can't help myself--they're like potato chips--I can't stop!). This one will be considered offensive by some who defend the nastier bits of organized religion. Consider yourself warned.

I thank thee, God, for buttocks firm
For skin of alabaster
For pouting lips
Eyes dark as pips
Which rouse me all the faster

I thank thee, God, for rosy cheeks
For slender, active fingers
For winsome smile
Where, for a while,
My roving glance still lingers

I thank thee, God, for perfect voice,
A clear and pure soprano
The angels long
To hear a song
In forte or piano

...

I thank thee, God, the Bishop said,
For this small piece of heaven
So dear to me
Too bad that he
Will soon be turning seven

2 comments:

pgelliott said...

Zing!

Love this meme, the rejected hymns.

Anonymous said...

Wowza! "Zing" is right!